Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thirsty Thursday: Getting Busy Drinking With IZZE


One of my favorite "sodas" these days is IZZE sparkling juice.  It's natural.  It's fizzy.  It's refreshing.  So, as this Thirsty Thursday rolled around, I got to thinking that IZZE would make a great base for summer cocktails.  I did some surfing on the net and found The Bachelor Guy, which features some great options, shown below. I tried the “Get B’IZZE” because I’m a particular fan of IZZE Sparkling Grapefruit. I didn’t have any Silver Rum on hand, so I used Pusser’s Rum (a story for another day) and the result was delicious!  Can’t wait to try the rest of these concoctions!  Already thinking about creating some new ones of my own, too.  Cheers!


Get B’IZZE

Courtesy of Rhumba Cafe Caribbean - Boulder, CO
1 (12 oz) bottle IZZE® Sparkling Grapefruit
1.5 oz Silver Rum
Pineapple juice
Combine the IZZE Sparkling Grapefruit and silver rum with a splash of pineapple juice. Stir and serve in a tall glass with ice.



Orange Crush
 
Courtesy of Jax Fish House - Boulder, CO
1 (12 oz) bottle IZZE® Sparkling Clementine
1.5 oz Mandarin-flavored vodka
Mix mandarin-flavored vodka with IZZE Clementine and serve over ice in a chilled glass and enjoy.


The Rize 
Courtesy of W Bar, W Hotel - Seattle, WA
1 1⁄2 oz white rum
1⁄2 oz orange-flavored triple sec
2 1⁄2 oz IZZE® Sparkling Pomegranate
Splash of lime juice
Mix all ingredients in a tall, ice-filled glass. Stir gently.

No comments:

Post a Comment