Friday, June 3, 2011

Easy Corn on the Cob

 
I need to give a shout-out to my friend Sylvia’s mom – Susan – who turned me on to the most amazingly simple way to cook up a few ears of corDSC04698 (2)n on the cob.  I had always cooked it in a big pot of boiling water on the stove, which still works great for a crowd.  But I learned from Susan that you can wrap an ear in waxed paper and cook it in the microwave for 1 minute – voila, perfectly cooked every time.  I’ve also cooked as many as three to four ears at a time, just tripled or quadrupled the cooking time.

A lot of folks enjoy the taste of grilled corn, but are frustrated by the lengthy cooking time.  The microwave magic also solves this by precooking the ears before popping them on the grill.  Here’s a great site we found that provides simple directions for microwaving and then grilling corn on the cob: 
http://www.pbs.org/parents/kitchenexplorers/2011/05/26/how-to-grill-corn-on-the-cob-quickly/

No comments:

Post a Comment