Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What’s in my Pantry? Canned Tuna

Barb
I always have canned tuna in my pantry…unfortunately, no one else in my house likes it.  I don’t know why…the good albacore stuff in Italian olive oil is quite fantastic.  This isn’t stuff you’d mix with mayo and slap between two pieces of bread.  This is stuff to be savored as is. My fave ways?  Mixed with a drained canned of cannellini beans with a bit of fresh garlic and thyme. Or, my version of a Nicoise salad – so easy:

Nicoise Salad
One can quality tuna in olive oil (drained)
2 eggs, hardboiled, peeled and quartered
4 small red potatoes, scrubbed, boiled until knife tender
¼ pound green beans, cleaned and boiled with potatoes until tender
¼ c. nicoise or kalamata olives
Butter lettuce
Place lettuce on a serving platter. Scatter ingredients on top. Drizzle your favorite Dijon vinaigrette on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment