1/2 c. juice (fresh, or defrosted concentrate not diluted)
1 T. vanilla extract (optional)
4 c. old-fashioned oats (NOT quick oats or steel-cut oats)
2 c. nuts (almonds, sunflower seeds, trail mix, cashews, pepitas, etc.)
2 T. flax seed
1 t. cinnamon
1 c. raisins, dried cherries, cranberries, apricots or dates
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place honey, juice, and vanilla in small saucepan and warm over medium heat until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix everything but the dried fruit. Pour honey mixture over and mix well.
- Spread on sheet pan.
- Cook 20 minutes then stir with spatula.
- Cook another 10-15 minutes until golden brown (or depending on how crunchy you want it)
- Remove from oven, let cool.
- Sprinkle dried fruit over and place in an airtight container.
store in an air-tight container such as a ziplock bag. should keep for several weeks, but you'll eat it all by then...