Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thirsty Thursday: The Big O Ginger Liqueur

BigO-bottle-glass-blankWe have to say upfront that we’re about to talk about something that isn’t readily available – yet.  But, I’ve (Sharon) tasted this amazing nectar and I hope you have the opportunity to try it soon for yourself.  And, you can order it online, which I strongly suggest (unless you live in a whacky place like my buddy Barb, who can’t bring booze over state lines). 

The Big O is a new premium ginger liqueur, developed in St. Louis.  It’s tag line is “Nothing Fake About It.”  While we can have lots of fun with the linguistics, it’s the amazing flavor that wowed me.  Not only did it have great sipability, but all kinds of recipe ideas sprang to mind, as well.   For example, I suddenly imagined how delicious peaches marinated in it would taste over vanilla ice cream. 

Visit www.drinkthebigo.com to find out how you can get your hands on this gem, as well as check out cocktail, food, and dessert recipes.  I’m telling you, one taste and you’ll be thirsting for more! 
I just found out my local liquor store is carrying it; I’ll be picking up my own bottle tonight! (Now, if I could just figure out how to sneak some to Barb in Arizona…..)

No comments:

Post a Comment